Morgan understands the importance of critically analyzing and providing strategic solutions for the complex medical and scientific issues his clients face in litigation. In his more than 15 years of practice, Morgan has experience in all aspects of civil litigation practice.
Morgan has dedicated his career to understanding the medical and scientific issues facing his clients. His practice focuses on working with national and international experts to address the sophisticated medical and scientific issues critical to successfully defending his clients. Morgan has represented health care providers and several consumer products industries, including pharmaceutical, tobacco and automotive.
Morgan has identified, developed and worked with expert witnesses in multiple, diverse medical and scientific disciplines to provide expert testimony in national and international litigation. His practice includes analyzing medical information, emerging medical and scientific trends and working with experts to develop medical defense strategies. The trust he has developed with experts, trial counsel and his clients allows Morgan to work effectively on trial teams, and alongside national counsel, to advise his clients and craft strategies for conveying complex medical and scientific information and opinions to the triers of fact.
Changing the Law in Child Abuse and Neglect Proceedings: An Improvement on Improvement Periods?, Vol 102, West Virginia Law Review, 2000
- West Virginia Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Florida Bar Association
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Defends RJ Reynolds Tobacco Co in numerous personal injury/wrongful death cases in state and federal jurisdictions across the country, with focus on developing and presenting complex medical and scientific issues and witnesses. Work with multiple trial teams, including counsel from other multinational law firms, to formulate and present effective medical defense strategies.
- Leads expert witness team working to identify, develop and prepare numerous medical and scientific experts in multiple and diverse disciplines. Works with experts in numerous specialties, including epidemiology, toxicology, occupational medicine, cardiology, oncology, radiology, pathology, pulmonology, neurology, otolaryngology, gastroenterology, infectious disease, dentistry, and internal medicine.
- Counsel responsible for defending expert witnesses at deposition, preparing expert witnesses for trial testimony and cross-examining plaintiffs’ experts and medical witnesses at deposition. Trial team experience in Engle progeny litigation.
- Defended pharmaceutical manufacturer in diet drug litigation, with responsibility for developing scientific defenses and preparing medical expert witnesses.
- Trial counsel defending physicians and hospitals in malpractice litigation.