Mandy specialises in commercial disputes including bringing and defending contractual claims (including the defence of a class action), supplier disputes, breach of duties claims, fraud and giving guidance on data protection breaches. This includes advising on alternative dispute resolution processes including mediation, as well as dealing with cases in the Commercial Court and High Court.
Adopting a pragmatic approach, Mandy’s primary aim is to ascertain her clients’ commercial needs and aims, recognising that litigation takes place against the back-drop of every-day business.
Examples of experience include advising and representing:
- A national organisation in defence of a class action brought by 500+ claimants regarding allegations that its IT system suffered from defects which led to individuals being held wrongfully liable for financial losses and being convicted of theft and false accounting
- Leading a team carrying out a large scale disclosure review, including liaising with third party electronic data collection specialists
- A national company following the £2.4 million fraud from a former employee
- A financial services company in relation to numerous claims, including a breach of a Sale and Purchase Agreement and a claim brought against it by an Independent Financial Adviser
- A business in relation to a supply contract where the end product was in use in the USA at the time of the dispute
- A lender in relation to an assigned book of debts
- Insurers and Insured in relation to D&O policies and claims