Lucy has been a Commercial Law specialist with us for over 10 years. Her work ranges from assisting clients with day-to-day queries to managing the commercial aspects of business critical projects, M&A deals and other high-value transactions.
She works predominantly with businesses in the Manufacturing and Real Estate spheres, where her specialist knowledge allows her to give real sector insight. However, her wide ranging experience extends to a broad variety of commercial contracts across all sectors, such as services agreements, supply contracts, licensing arrangements, equipment leases, collaboration agreements, logistics contracts and asset purchasing arrangements.
Lucy has gained a wealth of expertise advising on supply chain issues and global routes to market. This includes advising on various business models, including contractual joint ventures, subcontracting arrangements, distribution, agency and franchising. She has a particular specialism in agency law and the application of the Commercial Agents Regulations.
She also has extensive experience advising on property and asset management agreements, and supporting the contractual aspects of real estate transactions.
Lucy has undertaken several secondments, providing valuable insight into what matters most to businesses. She understands the key issues in negotiating contractual documentation and is able to give pro-active and balanced advice on what is achievable in any given circumstance.
- Total Petrochemicals UK Limited on the closure of its Stalybridge site, involving the termination of hundreds of supply contracts and the sale of plant and equipment
- Lotte Chemicals UK Limited on site services and freight services agreements relating to the outsourcing of plant operations, product handling and shipping functions
- An international maritime business on its global contracting arrangements
- Managing the flow down to sub-contractors of extensive contractual terms for the supply of smart metering goods and services under a contract worth £500m
- Undertaking a major review of the agency, distribution and sales contracts for a supplier to the oil and gas industry, and recommending extensive changes to its global routes to market process
- Colgate-Palmolive on warehousing arrangements.
“Lucy is an extremely competent and capable lawyer who always looks to understand the underlying commercial as well as legal issues and hence provides advice that is actually useful to those of us with a less legal bent but who have to deal with the real, practical situations that every day business life throws at us”
Lucy won the NEPIC Young Achievers Award in 2015 in recognition of her work with industrial clients.