Lucy is a Commercial Law specialist, helping business with their domestic and international trade contracts. She is approachable and pragmatic, and prides herself on getting things done and delivering service excellence.
Her work ranges from assisting clients with day-to-day queries to managing the commercial aspects of business critical projects, M&A deals and other high-value transactions.
She has a wealth of international trade experience, advising businesses of all sizes on supply chain contracts and global routes to market. This includes advising on contractual joint ventures, distribution, agency, franchising, logistics and warehousing. She has a particular specialism in agency law and the application of the Commercial Agents Regulations.
Supporting clients with capital projects in another key focus for Lucy, working in conjunction with our Construction lawyers to help clients build plants, undertake turnaround work, expand capacity, install new technology and decommission sites.
Lucy works predominantly with businesses in the Manufacturing and Chemicals spheres, where her specialist knowledge allows her to give real sector insight. However, her wide ranging experience extends to a broad variety of commercial contracts across all sectors, such as services agreements, supply contracts, contract manufacturing deals, licensing arrangements, equipment leases, collaboration agreements, subcontracting arrangements and asset purchasing contracts.
She has undertaken several secondments, providing valuable insight into what matters most to businesses. Lucy understands the key issues in negotiating contractual documentation and gives pro-active and balanced advice on what is achievable in any given circumstance.
- Acted for Venator Materials, a major global chemicals manufacturer, with the drafting and negotiation of a complex framework agreement with a global supply chain company for the provision of business-critical customs and freight-forwarding services across Europe, against a post-Brexit landscape
- Drafted and negotiated a 20 year port handling and logistics services contract between Groveport (a subsidiary of PD Teesport) and a steel supplier, and a 15 year port handling services agreement between PD Teesport and a freight ferry company
- Total Petrochemicals UK Limited on the closure of its Stalybridge site, involving the termination of hundreds of supply contracts and the sale of plant and equipment
- Lotte Chemicals UK Limited on site services and freight services agreements relating to the outsourcing of plant operations, product handling and shipping functions
- An international maritime business on its global contracting arrangements
- Managing the flow down to sub-contractors of extensive contractual terms for the supply of smart metering goods and services under a contract worth £500m
- Undertaking a major review of the agency, distribution and sales contracts for a supplier to the oil and gas industry, and recommending extensive changes to its global routes to market process
- Colgate-Palmolive on warehousing arrangements.
"Lucy Pringle is the partner that has assisted on commercial matters and she is extremely effective. She grasped the business and its complex operations very quickly for the projects that she has worked on. She identifies legal issues very clearly and is proactive in suggesting solutions. Also very proactive in moving transactions forward. Able to draft complex contracts very effectively and excellent in in person negotiations with customers legal representative."
“Lucy is an extremely competent and capable lawyer who always looks to understand the underlying commercial as well as legal issues and hence provides advice that is actually useful to those of us with a less legal bent but who have to deal with the real, practical situations that every day business life throws at us.”
Lucy was ranked in the Legal 500 2018 as a 'notable practitioner' in the Commercial Contracts category.
Lucy won the NEPIC Young Achievers Award in 2015 in recognition of her work with industrial clients.