Laura has experience of advising on a variety of employment law issues, including both contentious and non-contentious matters. She provides advice on a range of employment issues, from day-to-day queries (including disciplinary and grievance issues, discrimination, sickness absence and holiday issues) to the drafting and implementation of contracts of employment, handbooks and policies and settlement negotiations.
Laura has a particular interest in TUPE, advising a broad range of public and private sector clients on issues arising from TUPE transfers, including due diligence, advising on related redundancies and drafting and negotiating warranties and indemnities. She also provides employment input to a variety of commercial documentation, such as services agreements and property management agreements.
Laura provides employment support to various cross-departmental teams (including Corporate, Commercial, Restructuring and Real Estate) and has experience of advising on the employment law aspects of changes to pension schemes.
Examples of experience include advising:
- A large international company in its defence of a multiple employment tribunal claim for unfair dismissal and age discrimination involving 300 claimants and dealing with associated grievances and appeals
- A national motor retailer on the employment aspects of several acquisitions and disposals of dealerships, including advice in respect of the employment provisions of the sale agreements, issues arising from due diligence and the information and consultation process under TUPE
- A PLC in respect of employment provisions in a sale agreement for the acquisition of a large portfolio of residential property
- On a large number of Academy conversions in recent years, acting for local authorities, sponsors and schools
- A PLC in respect of the termination of employment of a director on grounds of gross misconduct, including drafting and negotiating a settlement agreement.