Kimberly is a transactional attorney who thrives on helping clients meet their business goals. Clients rely on her guidance through corporate transactions, large-scale financing transactions, and a variety of contract matters, including insurance and license agreements. In addition, she regularly assists clients with commercial real estate matters such as acquisitions, dispositions, leasing and development projects. Kimberly has worked on a number of condominium projects, including the formation of several condominiums and closing of construction loans.
From 2017 to early 2021, Kimberly served as general counsel for an insurance technology company, gaining a broad range of experience in venture capital and private equity fundraising, commercial contracts and license agreements. She also has experience with insurance regulatory matters and general corporate governance. Kimberly helped grow the company from a pre-product stage to a post-Series A, revenue generating stage.
Prior to attending law school, Kimberly worked as a human resources manager for a technology company.
Kimberly’s business acumen and legal experience give her a well-rounded perspective for a variety of corporate deals.
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Represented a national bank with corporate real estate acquisitions, dispositions and leases.
- Served as local North Carolina counsel on a $165 million loan to an international retailer secured by multiple properties.
- Represented a hospitality client with multi-use condominium projects, including formation and registration of the condominium and management entities and negotiation of financing documents.
- Represented a start-up company in general contract review, venture capital fundraising and other general corporate matters.
- Represented a technology company in the negotiation, closing and resale of an asset purchase of an online database.
- Represented a family-owned construction company in a financing transaction involving multiple properties.
- Represented an international retailer based in Italy in the negotiation of multiple leases for new retail sites in the United States.
- Worked on a team representing a national retailer in connection with the acquisition, ground leasing and development of retail sites.
- Represented national tenant in connection with lease of office property.
Professional and Civic Activities
- North Carolina State Bar Association, Real Property and Business Law Sections
- Forsyth County Bar Association
- North Carolina State University Park Scholar Selection Committee
- Co-Author, “Silence is Golden in Whiskey Creek: N.C. Planned Community Act Grants HOAs Broad Powers to Use Member Funds,” North Carolina Bar Association Real Property Section Newsletter, September 2012
- Author, “It’s Five O’Clock Somewhere: Telecommuters and the Difficulty of Tracking Hours Worked,” Womble Carlyle Fair Labor Standards Act Law Blog, August 4, 2011
- Author, Should Furniture Become Fashion-Forward? Applying Fashion’s Copyright Proposals to the Furniture Industry, 11 Wake Forest J. Bus. & Intell. Prop. L. 269, 2011