Kenneth is a certified specialist in both tax law as well as estate planning and probate law. Kenneth practices in the areas of taxation, estate planning and probate administration, corporate law, and real estate planning. In his practice, Kenneth represents corporate clients on such diverse matters as the purchase and sale of businesses, executive compensation arrangements, and ownership succession planning. He regularly works with individual clients on income and estate planning matters in the formulation and implementation of strategies to reduce taxation, protect and preserve assets, and facilitate the transfer of assets among family members and charities. He advises personal representatives, trustees, and beneficiaries on all phases of the estate probate and trust administration process, including ancillary administration and tax audits.
Kenneth also advises real estate developers and investors in such matters as the formation of real estate ventures and on the tax planning aspects of the purchase, sale, and exchange of commercial and investment properly. He participates in seminars and has written articles on estate planning, real estate exchange transactions, arid other tax related topics.
Civic and Professional Activities
- South Carolina Bar Association
- Certified Estate Planning & Probate Law Specialist; Certified Tax Specialist;
- Charleston Estate Planning Council, Past President; South Carolina Estate Planning and Probate Law Specialization Board, Past Member; South Carolina Tax Specialization Board, Past Member.
- Charleston Metro Chamber of Commerce, Past Board Member
- Trident United Way, Treasurer, 2002-2007, Board Member, Present
Honors and Awards
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America© in the fields of Tax Law, Trusts and Estates, 2008 - Present