Katie is a litigation attorney who focuses on product liability cases. She defends clients in a diverse range of state and federal individual and multi-district lawsuits. Katie has represented clients in the tobacco, heating and cooling, chemical, and medical industries. Her experience covers all aspects of discovery and trial preparation, including discovery, motion practice, depositions and trial. Her practice also focuses on developing medical and scientific defenses and preparing expert witnesses for deposition and trial. She works with expert witnesses to present complex scientific defenses to juries in an understandable and persuasive manner.
Katie has been a member of trial teams representing RJ Reynolds Tobacco Company in multiple Engle progeny personal injury and wrongful death jury trials.
Katie has a particular interest in innovation and technology in the legal field, striving to find efficient, creative solutions for case management and clients’ legal needs.
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Her experience in multi-district litigation includes representing a chemical manufacturing company in over 1000 cases related to PFAS exposure in the Aqueous Film-Forming Foams (AFFF) MDL pending in the United States District Court, District of South Carolina.
- Prepared multiple defense medical experts to testify at deposition and jury trial in a smoking and health issues case that resulted in a defense verdict.
- Assisted RJ Reynolds Tobacco Company in analyzing and developing medical defenses in dozens of personal injury and wrongful death cases in multiple state and federal courts.
- Defended a multi-state heating and air company in a negligence and breach of contract action related to an HVAC installation.
- Defended large New York City private and public hospitals, as well as individual physicians, in medical malpractice litigation.
Honors & Awards
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America’s Ones to Watch (BL Rankings), 2021