Joseph qualified as a solicitor in March 2019 and is a solicitor in the firm's charities practice. He acts for a range of family foundations, religious organisations, private schools, professional societies and large national charities on all aspects of charity law.
Before joining the firm, Joseph qualified at and worked as an associate in the financing practice of a large City law firm.
Examples of experience include advising:
- A medical college, on the establishment of its Royal Charter and managing the transfer of the college's business from the existing charitable company into the Royal Charter company
- A campaigning charity, on electoral law and charity law as it applies to political activity
- The family foundation of a well-known philanthropist, on day to day governance matters
- Several faith-based charities on governance matters, including amendments to their constitutions
- Unincorporated charities on the process of incorporation, including engagement with regulators.