Joanna specialises in commercial law with a focus on insurance law.
Examples of experience include:
- Drafting Introducer Agreements for a UK broker
- Drafting a variety of commercial agreements, including confidentiality agreements, terms of business agreements, shareholder agreements, insurance marketing agreements and appointed representative agreements
- Acting as a reference point providing insurance regulatory advice in response to client enquiries
- Establishing a new Syndicate at Lloyd's for a leading underwriting group. Responsible for the group corporate restructuring required to facilitate the new Syndicate: arranged the intra-group share transfers and injections of capital, and drafted the shareholder resolutions, share application letters, director appointment and director resignation letters, and the board minutes required to effect this; prepared the relevant Companies House forms for filing; advised counsel at the US head office throughout the transaction on corporate governance matters
- Extensive review of a company's articles of association following the implementation of the Companies Act 2006
- Assisted on £150m sale of a leading insurance company. Co-ordinated the data room; responsible for analysing the company books/documentation and preparing the due diligence report; managed completion matters, including drafting completion board minutes, drafting powers of attorney, preparing the relevant Companies House forms for filing, and liaising with the client and purchaser's solicitor throughout the transaction; oversaw the completion meeting; assisted in drafting the share purchase agreement; supervised and assisted the trainee
- Assisted on a complex EU Reinsurance Directive query.