Described by the Legal 500 directory for 2021 as "a standout individual at her firm", with clients "immensely impressed with her professionalism and her very quick grasp of the situation", Jo advises on all aspects of employment law including organisational change, TUPE, discrimination, whistle-blowing, corporate transactions and employee terminations.
Having trained and qualified at a global law firm, and spent many years based in London, Jo oversees legal matters for employers from first instruction onwards; managing costs, client team relationships, commercial imperatives and litigation strategy. Jo also provides senior executive clients in circumstances of conflict with advice focusing on optimising financial and reputational outcomes.
Jo acts across industries and has undertaken a number of secondments, including in the technology and policing sectors. Jo trains management teams on employment matters, and for a number of years was the author of the Tolley's Loose-leaf Employment Law textbook chapters on Sex Discrimination, Pregnancy and Maternity Discrimination, and Gender Reassignment Discrimination.
Examples of experience include advising:
- various multinational technology companies on Tribunal litigation, change management, and employee relations issues
- a household name international retail bank on the management of its volume Tribunal litigation, running the firm's team of lawyers assigned to this work
- various law firm and investment advisory partners including advising a US law firm partner on her experience of discrimination and victimisation, managing the highly sensitive strategy of her onward move to a magic circle law firm
- Corbin & King restaurants group on all employment issues arising, restructuring matters, and general staffing issues
- a senior advertising executive on maternity and sex discrimination, achieving a managed severance and full reputational protection.
"A standout individual at her firm", with clients "immensely impressed with her professionalism and her very quick grasp of the situation".
"Jo is a Trustee in the same charity as me. She is clear, precise, and has buckets of integrity."
"Jo understands Hospitality and our need for quick, pragmatic decisions that suit the business".
"Jo has provided expert legal advice on a number of complex employment law matters. She has always been pragmatic, thorough and provided considered balanced advice while delivering results for the business. I would have no doubt about engaging Jo again as I completely trust her both personally and professionally."