Described by The Legal 500 as "a standout individual at her firm", with clients "immensely impressed with her professionalism and her very quick grasp of the situation", Jo leads the South West employment team alongside Tim Woodward. She advises on all aspects of employment law including organisational change, major litigation management, corporate transactions and Board-level terminations.
Jo oversees long-standing client relationships with household-name businesses from first instruction onwards, managing costs; work allocation; client team relationships; commercial imperatives and litigation strategy.
Since qualifying at a global law firm in 2004, Jo has also advised senior individual clients on sensitive and high profile employment matters, ensuring swift and effective outcomes are reached. Jo prioritises health, income, and reputational protection for those instructing her.
Jo acts across industries and has undertaken a number of secondments, including in the technology and policing sectors, and regularly delivers training for management groups.
Examples of experience include advising:
- Various multinational technology companies on Tribunal litigation, change management, and employee relations issues
- A household name international retail bank on the management of its volume Tribunal litigation, running the firm's team of lawyers assigned to this work
- Various law firm and investment advisory partners including advising a US law firm partner on her experience of discrimination and victimisation, managing the highly sensitive strategy of her onward move to a magic circle law firm
- Corbin & King restaurants group on all employment issues arising, restructuring matters, and general staffing issues
- A senior advertising executive on maternity and sex discrimination, achieving a managed severance and full reputational protection.
"A standout individual at her firm", with clients "immensely impressed with her professionalism and her very quick grasp of the situation".
"Jo is a Trustee in the same charity as me. She is clear, precise, and has buckets of integrity."
"Jo understands hospitality and our need for quick, pragmatic decisions that suit the business".
"Jo has provided expert legal advice on a number of complex employment law matters. She has always been pragmatic, thorough and provided considered balanced advice while delivering results for the business. I would have no doubt about engaging Jo again as I completely trust her both personally and professionally."