Building on her experience as both a litigator and transactional attorney, Jennifer Nusbaum is a member of the Labor and Employment Practice Group and the Education and School Law Team. Jennifer’s experience with litigation, client counseling, intellectual property, and corporate drafting allows her to bring a new prospective to the table when dealing with employment matters.
She represents a broad spectrum of clients in a range of matters including gender, age, race, and disability discrimination and retaliation matters; litigation and arbitration of employment contract disputes; and counseling employers on human resources policies and employment law compliance. Jennifer also negotiates, drafts, and advises clients on various contracts, including, but not limited to, employment agreements, independent contractor agreements, restrictive covenant agreements, severance agreements and releases, and retention agreements. In addition Jennifer performs due diligence and advises clients regarding employment related aspects of mergers and acquisitions and drafts corporate policies.
Jennifer understands that planning and real-time legal guidance are essential to any business and makes a point to fully understand all of her clients’ business interests.
Civic and Professional Activities
- North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Board of Directors, Artsplosure
- Young Professionals Network Member Engagement Task Force
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Successfully proved liability at a jury trial regarding stock options granted to an independent contractor at a bio-technology company.
- Represented energy management company seeking injunctive relief in a matter related to stock options.