Jackie specialises in public sector projects, public law and information law.
She has acted on a variety of PPP/PFI projects for local authorities, housing associations, bidders and funders in a number of sectors including housing, education, leisure, health and energy. She advises on all aspects of projects including delivery structures, procurement matters and drafting and negotiating project agreements, sub-contracts and related contracts within competitive procurement processes, particularly competitive dialogue. She also advises on general public law and governance issues including statutory powers and inter-authority agreements.
Jackie also has significant experience advising public and private sector clients on freedom of information (FOI), environmental information (EIR) and data protection (DP) issues. Her FOI/EIR experience includes advising on exemptions, the re-use of public sector information and acting on appeals to the Information Commissioner and the Tribunal. Her DP practice is predominantly in the public sector with particular expertise in complex data sharing arrangements and the implications of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). She also advises clients on compliance programmes, including policies and procedures and providing training.
Following outstanding client feedback Jackie was named as a star lawyer in the ‘Acritas Stars’ global database for 2018.
Examples of experience include advising:
- City of York Council on all aspects of its £31M leisure Project to build, operate and maintain a new Community Sport Stadium and Leisure Centre and to operate existing leisure facilities in the City
- A private sector consortium on its successful bid for the Leeds City Region Green Deal and ECO Project
- A London Borough on variations to its Leisure PFI Contract
- A London Borough on a complex EIR appeal to the Information Tribunal relating to confidential information concerning a large regeneration project
- A large public authority in a range of FOI matters associated with implementing procedures for complying with the Freedom of Information Act 2000, including designation under section 5 of the Act
- NHS Digital on a range of public law and information governance issues including complex data sharing arrangements, statutory functions, directions and FOI requests.
- A number of colleges, universities, academies, independent schools and non-maintained special schools on DP issues including complex DP subject access requests, including the application of exemptions to requests, disclosures to the police, data security breaches, direct marketing rules, reviewing and updating DP policies and procedures, DP and GDPR health checks and advising on complex FOI requests
- In conjunction with LLG Legal Training, delivering a series of intensive GDPR Workshops: GDPR in a Nutshell, for local government lawyers and information practitioners.
"Really good on data protection."