Ian is a part of our Projects & Procurement Team. He has over 30 years' experience of advising a range of public and private sector clients across the country on major regeneration, strategic residential and mixed-use development projects. He also has extensive client relationship management expertise, undertaking this role for several Local Authority Legal Services Frameworks including the Tyne & Wear Legal Services Framework. He advises local authorities, government agencies and universities.
He also undertakes work for national house builders such as Bellway and Taylor Wimpey. His work includes joint ventures, public/private sector urban regeneration projects and funding agreements. He has wide experience of project-managing inter-disciplinary teams to deliver major projects.
- Medway Council and Homes England on a flagship regeneration project at Rochester Riverside, Kent
- National Health Service on strategic land disposals
- Durham County Council and Homes England on the National Savings & Investments and HM Passport Office office development in Durham City
- Newcastle City Council on the mixed-use development of the historic Stephenson Quarter site, in a joint venture with Aviva and the Helix Science technology park in a joint venture with Legal & General and Newcastle University
- Mole Valley Council and Merton College, Oxford on a joint venture development partnership with a national house builder for a strategic housing site near the M25
- Durham University on its acquisition and development of a strategic college expansion site for two new colleges in Durham
- Middlesbrough Council on the development of Teesside Advanced Manufacturing Park and a new civic centre and office development in Middlesbrough
- City of York Council on its new Community Stadium
- Defence Estates on surplus land disposal and development
- ESFA on free school developments including Olympic Park, London.
“The excellent and detail-oriented Ian Ward is highlighted for his strong regeneration practice. He is always determined to achieve the best results for his client and is recognised for his thorough understanding across a range of expertise.”
"Ian Ward is noted for his strength in the residential development and urban regeneration spaces. Market sources consider him to be "a very good lawyer who knows his onions!"
"Key individuals include urban regeneration and residential development specialist Ian Ward"