Hazel is an associate specialising in commercial contracts and advises on all areas of commercial law. She is able to negotiate, draft and advise upon all manner of contracts for a number of different sectors.
Before her career in law, Hazel worked in the banking industry, first at Northern Rock in Newcastle before moving to Barclays in London. In these roles, Hazel gained experience in finance, commercial management and strategic planning. She won a “Fresh Thinking” award during her time at Barclaycard for her contribution to the innovation agenda and assisted in the development of market-leading credit card propositions for Barclaycard’s Consumer Europe business.
Examples of experience include:
- Assisting with the drafting and negotiation of a long term arrangement for the handling and shipping of steel through a local port
- Drafting and negotiating an asset management agreement relating to a commercial property portfolio for a property and asset management firm
- Being part of a multi-disciplinary team advising and drafting an IT platform agreement with a successful tenderer in its pension scheme procurement
- Advising on a wide range of IT agreements including software as a service arrangements, hosting agreements, software development and maintenance agreements
- Advising on a framework agreement for the provision of IT services to a health sector client
- Advising AIG on various commercial agreements with a media company relating to the filming of a documentary on insurance fraud for the BBC.