Harry is an Associate in the Restructuring and Insolvency Team and is based in London.
His practice is primarily non-contentious, advising a range of stakeholders (including office-holders, creditors, directors and shareholders) on their rights and remedies in insolvent and distressed situations.
Harry's experience includes:
- advising the education administrators on the first and second-ever education administrations of further education colleges (including a secondment)
- acting both seller and buyer-side on business and asset sales (both "pre-packed" and following extensive trading by IPs)
- drafting and filing documentation to appoint administrators, liquidators and receivers
- advising lenders on security enhancements and their enforcement options
- advising boards of directors on their duties when a company is of doubtful solvency
- acting for energy companies and office-holders following an Ofgem SOLR process
- acting company-side on the proposal and implementation of a retail CVA.
Harry has undertaken work in a broad range of industries, including the further education, care home, energy, legal, retail, casual dining and financial services sectors.
Prior to qualifying as a solicitor, Harry worked at a firm of insolvency practitioners, where he was responsible for case progression on a range of administrations, liquidations, bankruptcies and other insolvency processes.
- Confidential– advising the education administrators on all aspects of trading two further education colleges (in education administration), including the disposal of the undertaking and assets of the Colleges to help achieve the special administration objective
- Fashion Retailer – advising the board of directors on the successful proposal and implementation of a CVA with Alvarez & Marsal Europe LLP appointed to act as Supervisors
- Enact– advising Enact (a fund of Endless LLP) on the acquisition of the business and assets of Evolutions Television and Digital Post, an award winning post production house business
- Large Commercial Bank and National Firm of IPs– advising the Bank on the enforcement of its security and the administrators on the trading and disposal of a care home located in Wales
- Energy Suppliers– advising on various matters, including the refinancing of existing debt owed to secured creditors, the acquisition of the customer book of an insolvent energy supplier following a SOLR process and proving as an unsecured creditor in the administration of an insolvent energy supplier
- Firms of IPs – advising on various matters, including the pre-pack administration sales of a law firm and a chain of restaurants to successor practices.