Having completed his training contract with the firm George qualified into our Projects & Procurement Team in 2017. He has experience advising public and private sector clients on a range of issues including commercial contracts, project finance and public law. George operates primarily in the education, energy and waste sectors. George also provides project management support on large scale PPP/PFI projects.
George also has experience with EU procurement law and regularly advises contracting authorities and utilities on running compliant procurement procedures in line with the Public Contracts Regulations 2015 and the Utilities Contracts Regulations 2016.
Examples of experience include advising:
- Newcastle City Council on the procurement of a long term private sector partner to develop heat networks in the City for the next 40 years, including the flagship development of the Newcastle Helix site
- Durham University – in relation to the procurement of the construction and financing of two new colleges on the Mount Oswald site, under competitive dialogue
- Liverpool City Council on various commercial issues involved in their academy conversions
- The City of York Council on its provision of a new community stadium (housing both York City FC and York Knights Rugby League Club) and the outsourcing of its leisure services functions under a PPP contract with Greenwich Leisure Limited
- Newcastle City Council on the transfer of its parks management services to a charitable trust
- Various Local Authorities on the refinancing of their Building Schools for the Future PFI Contracts
- The Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy on procuring finance into heat networks
- a wide range of UK local authorities, NHS bodies, utilities (transport (rail/bus), post and energy) and other entities covered by the EU procurement rules (including education providers, registered housing providers and regional purchasing consortia) on all aspects on procurement law compliance.