Eric Glidewell is skillful, experienced and trustworthy. With Eric, clients know they will be represented by a seasoned corporate attorney who is knowledgeable, vigilant and pragmatic— a lawyer who can solve their problems so that they can achieve their goals.
Eric is a trusted adviser to several regional, national and international companies, primarily focused in the healthcare, financial technology, manufacturing, distribution, and retail industries. He regularly provides counsel to executive management and directors on corporate governance matters and strategic transactions.
He routinely serves as lead counsel to public and private companies in mergers and acquisitions, equity and debt offerings, and general commercial transactions. Eric also has extensive experience in cross-border transactions, having closed transactions involving more than 30 countries around the globe.
In addition to serving as transaction counsel, Eric also serves as outside corporate counsel to nonprofit corporations and various privately held businesses, including various portfolio companies of private equity firms.
His dedication to learning his clients’ businesses, industries, goals and challenges makes him an instrumental resource for businesses looking to stay one step ahead.
- Getting It Right When It All Goes Wrong: Leading Management Through an Internal Investigation, Association of Corporate Counsel, Compliance and Ethics Committee Legal Quick Hit, Feb. 21, 2017.
- Getting it Right When it All Goes Wrong: Implementing a Successful Compliance Program and Leading Management Through an Internal Investigation, Association of Corporate Counsel, Atlanta, GA, Aug. 9, 2016.
Honors and Awards
- Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America (BL Rankings), Mergers & Acquisitions Law, 2023 - Present
- Selected to the Georgia Rising Stars list by Super Lawyers (Thomson Reuters) in Business/Corporate, Mergers & Acquisitions, Securities & Corporate Finance, 2010 – 2011
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Represented one of the largest specialty private aftermarket automotive parts manufacturers and distributors in the U.S. in connection with the sale of its business to a private equity firm for an undisclosed amount.
- Represented manufacturing company in the service station equipment industry in connection with the sale of the company to a private equity firm for an undisclosed amount.
- Represented private equity fund in connection with the acquisition of numerous independent retailers totaling over $50 million.
- Represented Fortune 100 technology company in its acquisition of a provider of point-of-sale solutions in the retail and hospitality industries for approximately $1.2 billion.
- Represented Fortune 100 financial technology company in connection with the acquisition of a mobile banking solutions company for approximately $1.65 billion.
- Represented large physician practice in the sale of the company to a Fortune 500 company
- Counsel to private equity sponsored healthcare software company in connection with general corporate, commercial contract and employment matters.
- Serves as outside general counsel to large private online retailer on luxury goods.
- Serves as outside general counsel to various nonprofit corporations in the healthcare industry.
- Counseled several public and private medical device companies on numerous acquisitions of private targets and various private capital raises and debt offerings.