Elizabeth specialises in commercial road transport law; particularly the regulation of lorry and bus operators. She advises clients on key compliance issues relating to the management of Goods Vehicle Operator Licences and Public Service Vehicle Licences nationwide.
She offers assistance with the making of new and varied licence applications to include a full scrutinisation of the client and application and has regular communication with the Office of the Traffic Commissioner and DVSA. Her particular specialism is in acting for clients when things go wrong and regulatory action is threatened. She acts proactively for the client to troubleshoot internal transport systems to minimise the risk of future non-compliance. Criminal representation is also offered.
Elizabeth’s particular experience is as an advocate acting for the client in front of Traffic Commissioners and Magistrates. Her proactive and practical approach to cases seeks a commercial resolution for the client. Her client representation usually includes the identification and proposal of a rehabilitation package to strengthen previously failing internal systems.
She acts for large corporate organisations as well as family businesses which have a commercial need for heavy transport or for the provision of public transportation. She has considerable experience on advising on commercial acquisitions where the buyer has a particular a logistical need.
- Large retail client – advising on a restructure of the UK Group to ensure best placing of the Operator Licence
- Large waste management firm – responding to serious vehicle maintenance shortcomings with threatened regulatory action to achieve a successful commercial outcome
- Large fuel logistics client – providing ongoing scrutinisation of its systems to minimise the risk of non-compliance and reporting to Directors
- Family run logistics client – preparing and advising on a major application to significantly increase the fleet size involving considerable legal written representations and advocacy
- Scheduled bus operator – advising on the licence requirements pending a large commercial acquisition to ensure the appropriate licences were in place in time.