Darryl is an associate specialising in data protection and privacy law and commercial contracts and commercial law. He trained with the firm and now undertakes a broad range of data and commercial work, with particular expertise in: GDPR compliance and remediation projects; data processing and outsourcing arrangements; cross-border transfers of data; "business as usual" data protection and information queries, complaints and issues; drafting and negotiating manufacturing contracts, contracts for the supply of goods and services, transitional services agreements, confidentiality agreements and settlement agreements.
He advises on the data and commercial aspects of corporate transactions, including: legal due diligence; NDAs; heads of terms; confidentiality provisions; contract assignments; and novations.
Darryl also has experience in assisting with the management of projects that involve different specialists within the firm and also with lawyers based in other jurisdictions.
Examples of experience include advising:
- An international insurer on the remediation of contracts with its third party vendors and service providers for GDPR compliance
- A financial services institution on: various data processing and outsourcing arrangements; cross-border transfers of data; and "business as usual" data protection and information queries, complaints and issues, including data protection impact assessments
- A global insurer on data subject access requests received by its insureds, as covered under the terms of the underlying policy
- A challenger bank on a wide range of agreements, including those relating to: the supply of goods and services (at both framework and one-off supply level); claims handling management; and employee benefits
- a financial services institution in a review project across a number of jurisdictions through the management of the project as a whole and the production of precedent materials and a composite report.