*Mr. Wood is not licensed to practice law in North Carolina. He is supervised by an attorney licensed to practice law in North Carolina.
Daniel is the Director of Counsel Assistance at the Case Management Facility (“CMF”). He assures that CMF clients – both in-house legal departments and their law firms – have the training and other reporting assistance to effectively use their case management systems.
With more than two decades of experience as a senior trial paralegal and case coordinator, Daniel actively helps users navigate legal knowledge management case repositories created by the CMF. With a client-first emphasis, he seeks creative ways to solve research and reporting challenges. His recent efforts focus on the use of artificial intelligence in both the intake and output of case information, leveraging data to better provide cost savings and predictive analytics. He actively seeks new and inventive technology to disrupt and reimagine legal work processes.
An active member of the community, Daniel has volunteered at such organizations as Easter Seals, United Cerebral Palsy, Bookworms and the Stokes Family YMCA. He currently assists with fundraising efforts at his sons’ schools and other non-profit community initiatives.
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Coordinated multiple nationwide law firm training initiatives involving dozens of client offices and their law firms and conducted hundreds of hands-on training sessions customized to client and firm needs.
- Worked with multiple clients, including a global energy company and Fortune 500 manufacturing companies, to develop custom knowledge management solutions that focus on security, efficiency and findability, while leveraging process improvement and automation.
- Developed recurring Sarbanes-Oxley compliance reports for use by Fortune 500 manufacturing and pharmaceutical companies.
- Worked with national counsel for a large pharmaceutical company to create complex statistical case and counsel reports to facilitate settlement negotiations.
- Regularly attend International Legal Technology Association (“ILTA”) and LegalTech annual conferences to keep abreast of trends in legal technology and how they can be leveraged by CMF.