Cole is a Managing Associate specialising in banking and finance; undertaking a wide variety of debt finance work that includes acquisition finance, property finance, development finance and general corporate lending.
Cole acts for financial institutions, corporate borrowers and banks on regional, national and international transactions from the term sheet stage through to full documentation and completion.
Cole has advised on a wide range of term and revolving credit facility agreements from simple bilateral deals to club transactions using LMA documentation. He has experience of advising on security structures, security documentation and intercreditor arrangements.
Cole was named as an 'Associate to watch' in Chambers UK 2018 and Chambers UK 2019 and is ranked as an ‘Acritas Stars – independently rated lawyer'.
Examples of experience include advising:
- a financial institution on its £150,000,000 working capital facility with a club of banks;
- an overseas fund on its real estate acquisition finance facilities and debt arrangements worth in excess of £100,000,000;
- a corporate borrower on its £97,000,000 term and revolving credit facilities;
- real estate finance including advising banks or borrowers in relation to financing the acquisition and development of properties; and
- banks and private equity houses in relation to leveraged acquisitions of UK target groups.
"For a young person his attention to detail is excellent, and he will go the extra mile."