Christina is our head of retail employment. She has extensive experience advising predominantly employers on the full range of employment law issues from recruitment to dismissal. Her expertise includes managing employee relations issues, change management, outsourcing, business transfers, discrimination issues, tribunal advocacy, restrictive covenant disputes and training. As a dual-qualified, multi-lingual Finnish-English lawyer, she has a particular interest in cross-border employment issues.
She is the client relationship manager for Signet and Colgate-Palmolive as well as a number of our education clients and is the lead employment lawyer for many of our retail clients.
Following outstanding client feedback Christina was named as a star lawyer in the ‘Acritas Stars’ global database for 2018.
- An FMCG client on its proposal to relocate from one UK site to another
- A well-known brand on a substantial restructuring programme involving hundreds of redundancies
- Five ex-employees of City Electrical Factors, successfully defending them against an application to the High Court for a springboard injunction and an injunction to enforce restrictive covenants. This case (CEF v Brian Mundey and others) was reported and commented on in the national legal press and a number of legal updates
- A business on its complete closure, including the implications for its workforce
- Negotiating an exit package for a main board director with a £million+ bonus and sex discrimination claim.
"Christina understands the balance for employers between the law and commercial realities. Her experience with employment law is substantial and her work across a number of businesses makes her insightful about helping employers do the right thing for the business and the individual. I have worked with Christina on a number of occasions and would not hesitate to do so again I equally often recommend her to others."
"I was a client of Christina's for about 5 years. I found her to be both pragmatic and extremely knowledgeable. I always felt I could rely on her advice and assessment of risk. I always felt confident in the quality of her response and have built a lasting relationship."
"She is described as a 'very sensible and calm individual, with an excellent reputation'. She is well regarded by the market for her employment law expertise."
"She's very approachable, knowledgeable, easy to work with and speak to, and is very business-focused. She doesn't just talk in legalese but talks about legal concepts in a way that's easy to understand."
"Attracts praise for her ability to ‘see through the fog of litigation and identify the critical issues'."
"A very good ability to get to the heart of the matter, and work out what the client wants to achieve and how to achieve it."