Barry is a Partner in Womble Bond Dickinson representing large and small clients in a variety of transactional matters including investment fund work, joint ventures, M&A and IPOs.
A significant portion of his practice includes formation and representation of private investment funds and representation of investors and other businesses with respect to investment transactions and joint ventures.
Barry advises fund managers, investors, law, accountancy and other professional firms on LLP and Partnership matters. This includes limited liability partnership agreements and mergers. He advised on the merger of Grant Thornton and Robson Rhodes, the merger of Davies Arnold Cooper and Beachcroft and the combination of Bond Dickinson and Womble Carlyle.
Barry also advisea on M&A, IPO and other corporate transactions.
Previously, Barry was an investment banker at UBS for a number of years gaining extensive experience of the real estate and listed funds sectors. He brings this background to his legal work, understanding the financial as well as the legal drivers behind projects.
He works closely with Womble Bond Dickinson's Tax, Regulatory, Real Estate and Finance teams.
Examples of experience include advising:
- a property fund management house on the launch of 9 real estate funds and a number of joint venture projects
- a large family wealth office on a succession of club deals to invest in UK property
- the UK Government on establishing funds to invest in former coal mining areas, life sciences and sustainable technology
- Fund Managers on the establishment of private equity and venture capital funds to invest in established and start-up businesses
- a London based property company on its AIM IPO
- a Financial Services sector AIM quoted client on a number of M&A transactions over the past 10 years
- an AIM technology company on its reduction of capital and delisting from AIM
- Grant Thornton on its merger with Robson Rhodes, the first large UK merger of professional practice LLPs and advising Davies Arnold Cooper on its merger with Beachcroft
- Six top 50 Law Firms and other people businesses on their conversion to LLP status and ongoing LLP matters .
"Great experience of hedge fund and private equity partnerships."