Taber Cathcart is co-leader of the Firm’s Financial Services Sector Team and a Partner in the Firm’s Capital Markets Group. She focuses her practice on diversified financial transactions, primarily concentrating on senior and subordinated debt transactions, including acquisition finance, real estate and working capital credit facilities.
Taber has a broad range of experience representing financial institutions, investment firms and institutional investors in a variety of roles, including as agent banks, arrangers, underwriters and lead senior and or mezzanine debt providers, whether by way of secured or unsecured syndicated credit facilities, club deals, single-lender transactions or loan workouts and restructurings. As a trusted legal and business advisor to these financial institutions, she also plays an active role as thought leader for the Firm’s LIBOR Transition Team.
In the community, Taber devotes a significant amount of time towards developing and advancing the arts and volunteering for non-profits in the Charlotte region. She is the Chair-Elect for the Board of Trustees for the Charlotte Ballet, immediate Past Chair of Child Care Resources, Inc., and is a previous Board Member of Leadership Charlotte. In recognition of her leadership, the Charlotte Business Journal recently honored Taber as a 2020 Women in Business Achievement Award winner.
Prior to law school, Taber had a decade-long career as a professional ballet dancer.
Publications and Presentations
- LIBOR Administrator Signals the Phase-Out of LIBOR to Begin in 2022, Womble Bond Dickinson Client Alert, November 30, 2020
- Part III: The RESTART Act and the Long-term Recovery Sector Loan Program, National Law Review, August 26, 2020
- Main Street Lending Program Set to Launch - Additional Terms and Guidance Released, Womble Bond Dickinson Client Alert, June 2, 2020
- Update to Main Street Lending Program Federal Reserve Announces Revised Terms & FAQs, Womble Bond Dickinson Client Alert, May 4, 2020
- Main Street Lending Program: Issues, Questions and Proposed Changes, Womble Bond Dickinson Client Alert, April 27, 2020
- In the Context of Corporate Lending, Should Parties Push the Pause Button?, Womble Bond Dickinson Client Alert, March 27, 2020
- LIBOR to SOFR – Five Things Every Financial Services Provider Should Know, Womble Bond Dickinson Client Alert, March 10, 2020
- 100 Days in a Minute: Brief insights on legislative and regulatory changes that will impact your business, episode 16 – Banking and Finance: Insights on President Trump’s Impact on the Financial Sector, May 15, 2017
Civic and Professional Activities
- Association of Corporate Growth
- American Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Charlotte Ballet, Chair-Elect for the Board of Trustees
- Child Care Resources, Inc., Immediate Past Chair
- Leadership Charlotte, Past Board Member
Honors and Awards
- Women in Business Achievement Award, Charlotte Business Journal (2020)
- 50 Most Influential Women Award, The Mecklenburg Times (2014)