Angela is an associate in the construction and engineering team in London advising primarily on non-contentious construction matters. She advises employers, consultants, contractors funders and investors on all aspects of construction and engineering projects. She regularly works on engineering and infrastructure contracts in the manufacturing, chemicals, energy and transport sectors in the UK and abroad including EPC, EPCm, O&M and supply contracts. She also advises rail operators on procurement, infrastructure projects and asset protection issues. Angela has worked with bespoke contracts and the IChemE, FIDIC, NEC, ICC and MF1 form contracts.
Angela advises on building contracts, appointments and warranties on commercial and residential development schemes including JCT contracts. She also advises on ancillary construction and engineering project documents including direct agreements, confidentiality agreements, bonds and guarantees.
Angela is passionate about social mobility and diversity in the legal profession. She is a Diversity and Inclusion Representative at Womble Bond Dickinson where she supports the firm to maintain a positive and inclusive working environment for BAME staff members including opening up dialogue around racial issues. Previously she has volunteered with the Social Mobility Foundation, Greenwich Legal Centre and Southwark's Education Business Alliance.
Angela is an Associate Tutor at the University College of Estate Management where she supports the Legal Studies and Contract Procedure modules. She is also a member of the Society of Construction Law.
Angela has intermediate language skills in French and Lingala (spoken in Angola and Congo). In her spare time, she enjoys volunteering at her church, watching Nollywood and reading African literature.
- Advising a leading chemicals business on the development of a new multi million pound production facility in France. The work involved supporting the client on strategy, drafting and negotiation of a number of international engineering, supply and construction contracts
- Advising a British-based chemicals business on a new multi million pound revamp of their production facility in Malaysia. The work involved supporting the client on strategy, drafting and negotiation of a number of international engineering, supply and construction contracts
- Advising a number of investors, traditional power generators and renewable energy developers on the development of new onshore wind, solar PV and thermal, CCGTs, coal-fired plant, nuclear plant and energy from waste schemes
- Advising on a number of residential & commercial developments including houses, care homes, student accommodation, retail parks, storage facilities and universities
- Advising lenders on project finance.