Womble Bond Dickinson (WBD) has been named Diversity and Inclusion Champion at this year's South West Property Awards.
Judges recognised the breadth of schemes WBD is involved in and the tangible outcomes they delivered for the next generation of residents in the South West.
Fiona O'Kane, real estate partner and head of WBD's Bristol office, comments:
"We're very grateful to the Insider team and the judges for this recognition.
"With more diversity we create the chance to learn something from someone different, or with a different perspective to our own, and it creates a fertile breeding ground for new ways of working and operating. We're really proud of our achievements in D&I and everyone has a part to play in making WBD not just a tolerant environment, but an inclusive one - and there is a difference between the two. With real inclusivity, we can unlock the potential of colleagues and clients alike.
"Our clients have been very interested in our D&I strategy and we've worked in partnership with a number of them to team up on events and initiatives, share best practice and offer mentoring opportunities."
WBD's key D&I initiatives include:
- An established diversity and inclusion group, led by partner and head of D&I Tracy Walsh
- Annual D&I Weeks with an embedded #BeYourself campaign which celebrates differences and actively encourages employees to be their real selves. Click here to view WBD campaign videos
- Both BAME and LGBTQ+ networks for staff members
- Supporting PRIDE events throughout England and Scotland
- A Mental Health Awareness campaign. WBD has the same amount of dedicated Mental Health First Aiders as it has traditional First Aiders
- Developing training programmes to key leaders to positively influence others within the business and understand the impact of unconscious bias
- Pioneering different pathways into law in the UK with an award-winning apprenticeship programme. WBD employs solicitor apprentices, paralegal apprentices and apprentices working in support teams including HR, facilities and IT
- WBD's expanded transatlantic resources offer many opportunities for learning and development.