At Womble Bond Dickinson, we recognize the value of your brand as an integral part of a sophisticated IP strategy. As a result, clients turn to us at all stages of the trademark and copyright process to help them identify, protect and monetize their important IP assets.
We manage global trademark portfolios for some of the world’s most famous brands in multiple industries, including consumer products, retail, food and beverage, hospitality, financial services, energy, real estate, among others.
Our dedicated Trademark Team of 14 lawyers and paralegals is singularly focused on the day-to-day task of portfolio management and brand strategy. Our team includes two Board Certified Trademark Specialist Attorneys and lawyers named to the World Trademark Review 1000 – The World’s Leading Trademark Professionals.
We are committed to “right sizing” trademark and domain name matters to provide value-driven solutions to client needs. We serve clients globally with locations throughout the UK, as well as in the US from the East Coast to the West Coast in California.
Our US and international trademark experience includes:
- Trademark searching, clearance, registration, prosecution and maintenance
- Trademark policing, enforcement, defense and litigation
- Opposition and cancellation proceedings
- Reports and opinions on the registrability of trademarks, service marks, logos and designs, including trade dress protection
- Internet domain name registration, management and maintenance, including dispute resolution
- Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) programs
- UDRP proceedings and other ICANN sanctioned domain name dispute resolution policies
- Intellectual property audits
- Trademark licensing agreements and other complex trademark transactions
- Advertising and marketing review, including sweepstakes, games, promotions and contests, NAD and false advertising litigation, and related regulatory compliance
- Advice on miscellaneous IP related issues including keyword advertising, mobile marketing, music licensing, and digital and social media marketing
We take very seriously your decision to entrust your portfolio to us, and we make it easy for you to work with us. We provide the following value-driven services to our clients:
- Commitment to using cutting-edge technology to manage your trademark and domain name matters
- Exclusive use of the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office’s electronic filing system, providing greater responsiveness, efficiency and overall cost savings
- Quarterly reports of worldwide trademark activities
- Regular “off the clock” meetings to discuss the status of the relationship and new issues on the business horizon
- Periodic “off the clock” training for client personnel on key legal issues
- Periodic client advisories on new legal developments affecting trademark owners
- Electronic access to our trademark docket in real time at any time and efficient transfer of your portfolio
- Global network for international portfolio management and seamless coordination with foreign associates