What we do in transport
At Womble Bond Dickinson, we have decades of experience in transport sector law, including aviation, maritime and traffic laws, which means we can deliver proactive legal advice to our clients. With an in-depth insight and understanding of the sector, we help transport businesses focus on what they do best: getting people and things from A to B in a quick and efficient way.
Transport Law Clients
With a broad range of industry knowledge, our transportation attorneys are equipt to provide innovative solutions in order to support our clients with their business and legal issues. Just a few examples of the clients that our transport lawyers support include:
- Public and private passenger service providers (rail, bus and air)
- Freight operators
- Infrastructure providers/managers (including rail networks, ports and airports)
- Government bodies and members of the supply chain (including train, aircraft and ship manufacturers and maintainers).
Transportation Law Services
Our large sector team has a detailed understanding on how transportation companies need to operate on a local and global scale. Working at the forefront of new transport technology, we offer a full-service legal practice that supports clients on major infrastructure investment, devolution, alliancing, smart ticketing and we will stand by their side during commercial litigation or restructuring. Other transportation law services offered by our highly knowledgeable transport attorneys include:
- Helping clients with rail franchising and concession arrangements
- Managing big data, smart technology, contactless payments, e-commerce and driverless cars, smart grids, mobile ticketing, e-medical devices and networking
- Aiding in the development of major infrastructure investment and new projects
- Helping clients with regulatory compliance in line with the Jones Act and Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration
- Advising on public finance and bond issuance (tax-exempt and taxable)
- Offering advice on compulsory purchase, including development consent orders and compensation
- Assisting in the attainment and management of asset purchases
- Advising clients on both public and private partnerships.
Our lawyers work with clients that provide aviation, land-based transport, and maritime transportation services. A few examples of the legal services we deliver that incorporate these areas are listed below:
- Assisting with the logistics of shipping goods in accordance with ever-changing shipping laws
- Help managing marine finance transactions
- Advising on product liability and warranty dispute resolution
- Representing clients regarding claims arising from transportation casualties, pollution incidents, collisions and cargo loss
- Help with drafting charter parties, intermodal transportation contracts and supply chain agreements
- Advising clients regarding first-party cargo insurance
- Facilitating Letter of Credit transactions in the international sale of goods
- Help with rolling stock procurement, leasing and maintenance of goods.
Whether you’re a transportation provider, operator or member of a transportation government body and you’re interested in working with us, our team of leading transportation lawyers can help you. Get in touch with us or browse through our transport attorneys and professional staff today.