We represent and advise a broad variety of major healthcare providers and stakeholders within the healthcare sector, serviced from our offices across the US and UK.
We advise on the full range of healthcare transactions including corporate acquisitions and mergers, property acquisitions and construction matters, restructuring advice, regulatory compliance, commercial contracts, and employment and compensation issues.
For the US market, we advise on the following areas:
- Appropriate structuring in consideration of regulatory and US reimbursement issues
- Antitrust considerations, including representation in federal and state investigations
- Financing and negotiating tax concessions and other economic development incentives
- Health information, privacy and data security compliance
- Tax and tax exemption issues
- Litigation, including representation of clients on government investigations (and US false claims litigation)
- Product liability and professional liability
- Early stage planning
In the UK, our team advises the full range of NHS bodies, from national bodies such as NHS Digital to NHS Trusts, CCGs, GP practices and private sector suppliers across a range of areas including:
- Judicial review, public law, governance and regulatory issues
- Complex privacy, data sharing and information governance issues
- HR and pension issues, including TUPE transfers, secondments and employment tribunal claims
- PPP/PFI projects and LIFT schemes
- IT, digital and commercial contracts
- Joint ventures, outsourcing and insourcing
The healthcare sector is one of the world's largest, most complex and highly regulated industries, and you need advisers who work in the industry and stay current with market developments. At Womble Bond Dickinson, we have significant resources both on your doorstep and internationally to provide responsive and efficient service from lawyers who are experienced in dealing with the legal issues you face.