With our strategic focus on the manufacturing sector, we understand the market, its structure and the unique set of global challenges that our clients face.
Our team is able to advise on the full range of legal issues that must be addressed by responsible companies operating in the US, UK and Europe, as well as their affiliates and counterparts in other jurisdictions.
Our approach to working with manufacturing businesses spans the whole process, from traditional production to robotics, from importation of components to logistics associated with assembly and exportation, and related retail/brand management challenges. As an extension of your team, we will work alongside you when new products are developed, produced and introduced to the market. We will also help you to fulfil your responsibilities in areas of compliance and to navigate the regulatory regimes that affect your operations.
We offer a blend of cross-sector capabilities, ranging from high-volume, energy-intensive industries through to high-value consumer products and brands. We share best practice and experience of business process improvements from one sub-sector to another and demonstrate a real appreciation of the importance of sustainability and environmental issues.
We have extensive experience in product design, brand protection and patents. Our team deals with the full range of intellectual property issues and regularly counsels clients on the various forms of applicable legal protection. We have established the intellectual property rights of a multitude of designs, so we understand the specific challenges and opportunities of the industries we serve. The support we offer is complemented by the services provided by our related sector teams, including retail, transport, energy and renewables and life sciences.
Our experience spans:
- Purchase and supply of products and services
- Plant expansion projects
- Toll manufacturing agreements
- Logistics agreements
- Manufacturing 4.0 and connected factories
- Export and international supply agreements
- Agency and distribution agreements
- Health, safety and environmental compliance
- Claims under EU Commercial Agents Regulations
- Product liability minimization and litigation, including recall actions
- Construction and engineering projects and disputes
- Trade secrets development, protection and licensing
- Intellectual property protection (patents, trademarks, litigation, transactions)
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Inward investment and incentives
- Restructuring and refinancing
- Merger clearance, antitrust and state aid advice
- Energy and utilities supply
- Emergency Response Service (e.g. explosions and leaks)
- Chemical litigation advice
- Data privacy and cyber-protection
- Regulatory compliance (including REACH)
- White-collar crime advice and representation
- Permitting, contamination and waste management issues
- Defending regulatory enforcement and civil proceedings
- Site acquisitions and disposals
- Advising on environmental economic instruments (CCL/ETS)
- Access agreements and easements
- Remediation and reclamation
- Planning applications and appeals
- Research and development collaborations
- Employment law advice
- Employment benefits and pensions advice.