*Mr. Claypoole is not licensed to practice law in the Georgia. He is supervised by an attorney licensed to practice law in Georgia.
Ted is a cyber enthusiast. His passion for all things digital helps him stay on the cutting edge of trends and regulations, benefitting his clients’ businesses and bottom lines. Clients call on Ted to help manage, protect and profit from information, and his practice spans all sectors of the information economy. He helps companies design data analytics strategies and comply with relevant laws and contracts. Privacy and cybersecurity are the starting points for client advice on data collected through transactions, online interactions or even the Internet of Things, with an emphasis on payments and financial activity
From global outsourcing agreements to sophisticated technology provided as a service, Ted meets client goals by developing and implementing IP protective contracts. As leader of Womble US technology transaction lawyers, Ted and the team draft and negotiate agreements involving software, the internet, data, mobile/remote access, and services. A former in-house technology counsel at Bank of America (formerly NationsBank), Ted brings deep and practical experience in business and risk management to bear in every contract matter.
Ted advises both FinTech start-ups and large financial services organizations to succeed by building the next generation of lending, payments, processing and insurance. The business of technology is constantly changing, and Ted stays current and keeps clients aware of shifts affecting their companies through alerts, articles, books and presentations.
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Negotiated mobile payment platform for international bank.
- Facilitated strategic relationship between leaders of FinTech company and a credit card company.
- Led response to data breach for payments company involving tens of millions of credit card data sets.
- Designed and implemented world-wide data management programs together with several international manufacturing companies.
- Analyzed and proposed cyber-insurance options and a risk management solution for world-wide computer manufacturer.