Allen Gibson Jr. has a meaningful connection with the construction and development industry. As a young man he spent his summers working as a carpenter on construction projects, first with his father’s company and then with other commercial contractors. Through that work, Allen developed not only a deep understanding of the industry, but also a deep respect for it – qualities that are the bedrock of his more than 35-year career as an attorney.
Allen works with owners, developers, design professionals, general contractors, subcontractors, suppliers and sureties on the full range of challenges that arise in the development, design and construction of various projects. Because of his vast trial experience in state and federal courts, and his experience with arbitration proceedings, Allen is able to soundly resolve disputes for clients as well as help them help avoid problems. His work litigating contract terms has also made Allen a trusted advisor in the negotiation and drafting of construction contracts.
Allen is also an active mediator and arbitrator of construction disputes and has provided these services for many parties throughout the country.
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Representation of owner of a manufacturing facility in defense of delay and impact claims.
- Representation of owner in negotiating resolution of various claims associated with the closeout of a large transportation project.
- Representation of contractor pursuing claims for delays and the impacts in connection with a public infrastructure project.
- Representation of construction manager in multimillion-dollar claims arising out of termination of contractor on hospital project.
- Defense of design/build contractor in multimillion-dollar claims brought by subcontractors on a bridge project.
- Defense of national product manufacturer in class action and other suits alleging defective product.