Our corporate and commercial insurance team is highly regarded, with many of our lawyers referenced in leading legal rankings including Chambers USA and The Best Lawyers in America. When building a partnership with our team of experienced insurance lawyers, clients gain access to trusted advice and fully-tailored strategies that suit their business.
Insurance Focused Legal Services
Our insurance team utilizes deep sector-specific knowledge to help clients navigate the challenges that occur when growing their business and protecting their interests. Our clients are leading insurers and reinsurers as well as captives, brokers, MGAs, Lloyd’s syndicates and those involved in the distribution of insurance products.
We deal with all types of insurance dispute resolution, including defending claims and advising on policy coverage issues. Our insurance lawyers provide clear, practical solutions across a wide range of product lines in a tailored approach based on client needs.
Insurance-related legal services include:
- Professional risk, director & officer (D&O) claims, financial lines claims, and casualty risk (including employer’s liability, public liability and catastrophic injury)
- Pensions and ERISA litigation
- Reinsurance, liability and coverage dispute resolution
- Property risk disputes
- Cyber insurance and data protection
- Regulatory risk and compliance measures (including FCA, PRA and Lloyd’s market regulation)
- Mergers and acquisitions (M&A) and restructurings
- Funds and asset management
- Real estate investment
- Compliance with solvency capital requirements
- Treasury and derivatives guidance
- Insurance and reinsurance group authorizations
- Policy coverage issues
- Environmental insurance
- Product development and distribution
- Claims recovery
At Womble Bond Dickinson, our insurance attorneys work with multiple related practice areas to deliver informed advice to our diverse client base. We also serve clients in the following areas, among others:
- Commercial contracts
- Employment and pensions
- Employee benefits
- Class action litigation
- Financial services
- Fiduciary litigation
- Construction and engineering litigation
- International arbitration
- Pharmaceutical and medical device litigation
- Cybersecurity and data privacy.