Sushma is one of the UK's national team of insurance disputes specialists operating out of London, Bristol, Leeds and Southampton. She has over 20 years' experience as a professional indemnity and construction specialist.
She is an expert in the defence of complex high-value claims against solicitors, valuers, accountants, insurance brokers and constructions professionals (to includes architects, engineers and contractors).
Sushma also regularly acts as coverage counsel. Sushma's clients include major insurers and construction companies. Sushma lectures extensively and writes for the legal press on defence and coverage issues.
Examples of experience include advising:
- Defending solicitors involved in 160 related residential conveyancing transactions resulting in alleged multi-million pound losses to lenders
- Defending accountants in £15m film finance litigation
- Defending a groundworks contractor in multiparty £12m claim arising from failure of floor slab in warehouse distribution centre resulting in landmark decision of Co-Op Group Limited v Birse Developments Limited and others on limitation in claims against construction professionals
- Defending architects on £40m claim arising from failure of commercial complex
- Acting as coverage counsel on block notification by solicitors with potential claim value exceeding £80m.
- Legal 500 named Sushma as "very professional" and an "experienced" professional indemnity specialist.
- Award for Insurance Team of the Year 2017 Legal Business Awards
- Shortlisted for FT Innovative Lawyers Awards Europe 2017 for Private Edge Product developed with AIG
- Shortlisted for Insurance Firm of the Year 2017 Post Claims Awards
- Awarded Construction Firm of the Year (UK) 2016 The Lawyer Monthly
- Shortlisted for Legal 500 2017 award for our expertise in professional negligence
- Shortlisted for Legal 500 2016 award for our expertise in professional negligence.