ALEXANDRIA, VA—Attorneys from Womble Bond Dickinson’s Mechanical Patent Team represented the firm at the 2019 USPTO Design Day, which took place April 25 at the US Patent and Trademark Office in Alexandria. Kristin Lamb, Brendan O’Dea, Aaron Reinhardt and Cory Schug represented the firm.
USPTO Design Day attracted design patent practitioners, USPTO design examiners, industrial designers and other industry professionals from around the country for a day-long seminar on design patents. Discussion Topics included:
- Update from the Director of Technology Center 2900
- USPTO Developments including updates on Hague, ID5, and Design Law Treaty initiatives;
- A report from the Intellectual Property Office of Singapore on recent changes in design law in that nation;
- Presentations from major corporations on strategic protection and enforcement of designs;
- A panel discussion of in-house attorneys about design patent portfolio management; and
- Case law summaries on important design patent decisions over the past year, from the Federal Circuit, district court, and PTAB.
This event was co-sponsored by the American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA), AIPPI, the IP Law Section of the American Bar Association (ABA-IPL), the Intellectual Property Owners Association (IPO), INTA, and the Industrial Designers Society of America (IDSA); and the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO).
Left to right: Kristin Lamb (Houston), Cory Schug (Greensboro), Aaron Reinhardt (Atlanta), Brendan O'Dea (Atlanta)