Patrick serves as a trusted advisor who provides corporate and financing solutions to both international and domestic companies. He brings over eight years of prior business experience to his law practice.
As a member of the Corporate & Securities Group and the Global Business Team, Patrick represents corporate clients, private equity groups and venture capital funds on various complex and cross-border business transactions, including:
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Stock and asset purchases
- Joint ventures
- Strategic corporate transactions, and
- Corporate finance.
In addition to handling a wide variety of business transactions, Patrick advises companies on general corporate law, company formation, corporate governance matters and complex commercial contracts. He has counseled clients across many industry sectors, including technology, manufacturing, retail and consumer, and healthcare.
In the corporate finance arena, Patrick has significant experience representing borrowers, acquirers, issuers and lenders in a variety of syndicated, club and bilateral financing arrangements, including first and second lien structured facilities, investment grade financings, leveraged acquisition financings, mezzanine financings, and multicurrency and cross-border collateral facilities. Patrick also represents lenders in international project finance matters.
Prior to entering private practice, Patrick clerked on the United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit for the Honorable Michael S. Kanne.
In the community, Patrick serves on the Board of Directors of LIFESPAN, a North Carolina nonprofit organization that empowers children and adults with development disabilities.
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Represented a private equity client in the recapitalization and related debt financing arrangements of a global manufacturer with sales offices in the US, Vietnam, Asia and Europe, and manufacturing facilities in China, Vietnam, Indonesia and Korea.
- Represented the US operating subsidiary of a Japanese parent company, a world-leading manufacturer in the gelatin and collagen industry, in a strategic asset acquisition in the United States.
- Served as US counsel to a leading manufacturer of adhesives based out of the United Kingdom in connection with cross-border credit facilities and intercompany matters.
- Represented a founder in obtaining the majority control of a private SaaS-based educational company providing products and services related to standardized testing and educational services in the medical field.
- Represented the administrative agent in a $1.5 billion senior syndicated credit facility.