Womble Bond Dickinson Houston Managing Partner and head of the firm’s Global Energy and Natural Resources Industry Sector Team Jeffrey Whittle has been named an IAM Global Leader for 2024.
The IAM Global Leaders list “showcase(s) conversations with some of the world’s top private practice experts in the field of patents,” according to IAM. This year, IAM spotlighted 22 patent attorneys from around the world, including Whittle. He discussed such topics as:
- His role as Past President and Chair of the Licensing Executives Society (LES) for the U.S. and Canada, and his current roles as Co-Chair of the LES International Americas Committee and Chair of the Certified License Professionals (CLP).
- Adapting clients’ portfolio strategies to manage economic headwinds.
- Staying on top of the latest developments in the energy and natural resources sectors.
- The expanding role of AI in providing better client service.
- His thoughts about the outlook of the U.S. licensing landscape over the next five years.
IAM also wrote, “Top companies in the energy sector turn to Jeffrey Whittle to achieve meaningful patent protection and draw up watertight licensing agreements to successfully monetize their technologies. They benefit immeasurably from his clear strategic vision and adroit management of major multi-jurisdictional transactions.”