We have been immersed in the energy industry sector for decades, giving us great depth of experience across the various different forms of energy and power. We apply that experience to identify the best route through the complex issues that affect companies operating in this sector.
Our work covers the full spectrum of upstream, midstream and downstream oil and gas, renewables (solar, wind, biofuels, and hydrogen), electricity generation and transmission, electric vehicles, and water infrastructure.
Our 2023 Energy Transition Outlook Survey Report and on-demand webinar reveal that in a time of sudden geopolitical shifts and associated market upheaval, energy sector executives and investors are adjusting their energy transition strategies to respond to the rising pressure to access sufficient – and ideally lower-carbon – energy in the short term, while moving to carbon-free renewable sources in the long term. Our team guides clients navigating these challenges and seizing the opportunities amid unprecedented times.
Team members regularly assist clients with a full range of legal issues affecting deals, projects and disputes relating to:
- Upstream, midstream and downstream oil and gas
- Conventional and renewable electricity generation
- The energy service sector
- Energy infrastructure, including transmission, transportation and distribution of oil, gas and electricity
- Energy trading and cost-of-service rate making
- Negotiation of energy purchase agreements and related hedging arrangements
- Electricity, gas and water utilities on supply arrangements
- Siting, consenting, licensing and permitting
- Energy-related patents and IP protection.