Matt is a member of the Corporate & Securities practice group in the Charlotte office of Womble Bond Dickinson. He advises clients with respect to mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, equity financings, corporate governance and other general corporate matters. Matt has extensive mergers and acquisition experience, representing buyers and sellers of small and middle-market companies in various industries, including the technology, construction, manufacturing and consulting industries. His general corporate work for clients is focused on corporate governance matters and the preparation and negotiation of commercial contracts including customer and vendor contracts, services agreements, consulting agreements, and supply agreements.
Matt is active in Lex Mundi, which is a network of independent law firms offering clients indepth legal experience in over 100 countries. Matt regularly represents international clients with respect to their US legal needs and assists US clients with their international legal needs.
In addition to his mergers and acquisition and general corporate work, Matt also has significant experience representing real estate developers in connection with equity financing for commercial and residential real estate projects.
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Lead US counsel for a PRC public company in connection with the acquisition of a US based printer component manufacturing business.
- Represented a US based medical device company in a business combination with an Israeli medical device company and a simultaneous equity recapitalization by a US private equity fund.
- Regularly represents private equity funds in connection with the acquisition and disposition of privately-held businesses operating in the middle-market, including businesses with substantial international operations. Recent transactions include the representation of a private equity fund in the sale of a leading shoe insole manufacturing business with significant operations in China and Vietnam and the representation of a private equity fund in the acquisition of a leading provider of fire suppression systems.
- Regularly advises international businesses in the formation of US subsidiaries and the commencement of US operations. Recent advisory work includes the representation of a UK on-line recruiting and networking business establishing its initial US operations and the representation of a German 3D printing technology business in the commencement of US operations.
- Regularly represents venture capital funds and US companies in equity financings. Recent transactions include the representation of a venture capital fund in the acquisition of Series D and Series F preferred stock issued by a risk management solutions company.