BOSTON—Womble Bond Dickinson has strengthened its growing Boston-based Life Sciences Patent Team with the addition of veteran IP attorney Briana Erickson, Ph.D.
Dr. Erickson guides biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies in patent strategy, patent procurement and portfolio management. Her specific experience includes:
- Development and management of complex patent portfolios
- U.S. and foreign patent prosecution
- Preparation of validity and infringement opinions
- Intellectual property due diligence associated with acquisitions, mergers, and collaborations
- Freedom-to-operate evaluations
- Patentability assessments, and
- Patent landscape surveys.
Her life science industry clients include companies in the immunology, oncology, therapeutic antibodies, gene editing, molecular diagnostics, RNA interference, nutraceuticals, medical devices, and drug discovery sectors.
Dr. Erickson brings an extensive background in life sciences research, and holds a Ph.D. in molecular biology, cell biology and biochemistry from Brown University. Her research relating to hepatic injury and hepatocellular carcinoma has been published in leading scientific journals.
“Briana is highly respected by her peers and clients for both her patent skills and scientific knowledge. I’ve known Briana for years and very much look forward to working with her again. We are thrilled that she is joining the team in Womble’s Boston office,” said Cristin Cowles, Ph.D., a patent partner in Womble Bond Dickinson’s Boston office.