Business North Carolina magazine has named 11 Womble Bond Dickinson attorneys to the 2023 North Carolina Legal Elite—the magazine’s annual listing of the state's top lawyers.
The 2023 NC Legal Elite honorees are:
- Carla Clements (Intellectual Property)
- Hunter Edwards (Real Estate)
- Edward Griggs (Tax & Estate Planning)
- Sam Hartzell (Appellate)
- Mike Ingersoll (Business)
- Cy Johnson (Business)
- Larry Moye (Tax & Estate Planning)
- Susan Ramos (Immigration)
- Lisa Rushton (Environmental)
- Jay Silver (Litigation)
- Kim Stogner (Tax & Estate Planning).
The following Womble Bond Dickinson lawyers and alumni are members of the North Carolina Legal Elite Hall of Fame, meaning they received the most votes in the state in their particular practice area. Hall of Fame members are no longer eligible for the annual rankings:
- Alfred Adams (Real Estate, 2004)
- Liz Arias (Tax & Estate Planning, 2018)
- Jim Cooney (Criminal Law, 2008)
- Susan Cooper (Environmental, 2021)
- Andy Copenhaver (Antitrust, 2016)
- Charlie Livermon (Bankruptcy, 2015)
- Press Millen (Antitrust, 2015)
- Toni Peck (Young Guns, 2020)
- Betty Quick (Tax & Estate Planning, 2006)
Each year, Business North Carolina sends ballot notices to every member of the N.C. State Bar living in North Carolina — asking each a simple question: Of the Tar Heel lawyers whose work you have observed firsthand, whom would you rate among the current best in these categories? Voters are not allowed to vote for themselves. They may select members of their firms only if they pick out-of-firm lawyers in the same categories, with the latter votes weighted more heavily.