A partner in the Firm's Capital Markets group, Paul M. Fogleman represents banks, non-traditional lenders, and borrowers in a variety of finance transactions, including term and revolving facilities, construction facilities, asset-based lending, and receivables financing.
Paul has extensive experience representing borrowers and real estate owners in many aspects of real estate transactions, including real estate secured financings, acquisitions and sales, developments, leases, title review, and due diligence analysis. He regularly serves as North Carolina counsel in the issuance of local counsel real estate and enforceability opinions.
Within the community, Paul is active on several boards including the Poe Center for Health Education and Capital City Clauses. He also regularly handles residential closings and general corporate matters on a pro bono basis for Habitat for Humanity of Wake County.
Professional and Civic Activities
- Board Member, Poe Center for Health Education, 2018 – Present; President, 2020 – 2021
- Board Member, Capital City Clauses, 2018 – 2021
- Young Lawyers Division and Real Property Section, NC and Wake County Bar Associations
- Wake County Real Property Lawyers Association
- Habitat for Humanity of Wake County
- Graduate of Leadership Raleigh Class 33
- Urban Land Institute, YLG Partnership Forum (2014) and YLG Regional Initiative Council (2015)
- Steering Committee Member, NC Museum of History Young Associates, 2011 – 2014
Honors and Awards
- Chambers USA Ranked Lawyer, Banking & Finance, North Carolina, 2022 – Present
- Selected to the North Carolina Rising Stars list by Super Lawyers (Thomson Reuters), 2018 – 2021
- Selected to the Rising Stars list by North Carolina Lawyers Weekly, 2019
- AV® Preeminent, Martindale-Hubbell
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Representation of lenders in commercial loan transactions involving real estate and asset based collateral, construction financing and low income housing tax credit financing
- Representation of lender in a $36.5 million combined term loan and line of credit facility for the refinance of a multi-tenant medical office building
- Representation of lender in a $36 million construction loan for the development of a multi-unit student housing apartment complex
- Representation of lender in a $38 million construction loan for the development of a multi-unit apartment project
- Representation of lender in a $40 million secured operating line of credit and related $4.6 million term loan
- Representation of lender in an asset based loan for the acquisition of a seller’s inventory of ammunition
- Representation of depository and other financial institutions with the drafting and negotiation of letters of credit, control agreements, lockbox agreements and other banking products
Real Estate Development
- Regularly represents real estate owners in the purchase and sale of retail, office, industrial and multi-family properties
- Regularly represents landlord in negotiation of leases for multi-tenant office and industrial buildings throughout North Carolina
- Representation of tenant in negotiation of lease for approximately 61,000 square feet and building signage rights in an approximately 18-story office building in Raleigh, North Carolina
- Representation of tenant in negotiation of a build-to-suit lease for approximately 57,000 square feet of a 75,500 square foot 3-story office building in Raleigh, North Carolina
- Representation of clients in connection with commercial real estate development matters
- Representation of landlords and tenants in commercial leasing transactions