Nadia focuses her practice on IP, data and other asset monetization via licensing/commercial contracts, advertising and marketing, and privacy compliance. She takes pride in helping clients advance business interests practically and creatively. Clients look to her to help monetize and leverage IP, data, new technologies including AI, software and assorted digital assets across traditional applications, channels and media as well as in emerging platforms, social media and novel applications. She also counsels clients on more traditional goods supply and distribution agreements, franchise arrangements and other co-ventures. She’s drafted and negotiated a broad range of complex contracts with both national and international reach, relating to both strategic and day to day matters.
Nadia assists advertisers and mar/tech companies navigate advertising and digital marketing issues, sensibly trying to conform cutting edge ideas to legal frameworks that may not have kept pace with innovation.
She guides clients on state and federal privacy, security and data breach laws in the U.S., which are increasingly inseparable from and co-existent with business initiatives across a range of industries, and marketing and IP issues faced by clients daily.
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Draft, negotiate and close complex patent, copyright and trademark licenses, high dollar enterprise-wide software licenses and other commercial agreements, including cross-border agreements with Europe, South America and Asia and large-scale franchises.
- Advise US e-commerce websites on compliance with advertising, consumer protection and privacy laws and FTC oversight under myriad FTC-administered rules such as the recent INFORM Consumers Act and “new” endorsement guides. Support national brands on sweepstakes, contests, user generated content, social media campaigns, and other consumer promotions, endorsements, reviews, commercials and advertising, including participation in NAD actions on behalf of clients. Represent both influencers/advertisers, authors/publishers, IP developers/IP owners across varied contractual arrangements.
- Assist clients in varied industries implement and manage heightened US privacy laws compliance under CCPA/CPRA and their ilk (across various states adopting omnibus privacy laws), increasing FTC oversight, and associated industry guidance, from customers', service providers' and media companies' perspectives.
- Support clients in regulated industries with special legal considerations, including healthcare, medical devices, financial services, children’s products, specially regulated products such as cosmetics, food/beverage, and energy.
- Serve as outside in-house counsel in connection with mission critical ventures requiring deep experience and to augment lean marketing teams.
Professional & Civic Engagement
- North Carolina State Bar
- Panelist, “Comprehensive Contract Protection of Your IP Rights – Mind the Gaps,” IP Palooza hosted by the Association of Corporate Counsel’s Raleigh-Triangle Area Chapter, February 8, 2023
- Presenter, “Compliant Endorsements Overview: In Light of Recent FTC Scrutiny” to Association of Corporate Counsel’s Compliance and Ethics Network, November 16, 2021
Honors & Awards
- Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America (BL Rankings), Corporate Law, 2021 – 2023