For more than a decade, financial institutions have come to rely on Chad Brown to handle all manner of commercial real estate loan transactions in a timely and effective manner.
Chad’s organized and detailed approach is particularly valued when his clients have transactions of significant importance or complexity or with particularly tight deadlines. Chad skillfully calls upon a team of experienced junior lawyers and paralegals as needed to most efficiently meet his clients’ needs, and his significant experience in handling loans through the ups and downs of the real estate market enables him to protect his clients’ interests through all parts of the loan documentation and diligence process.
Chad’s practice primarily focuses on the documentation, negotiation and closing of large commercial real estate secured loans, construction loans, loan modifications and loan assumptions. His clients include several national and regional banks, life insurance companies, and other commercial lending institutions, all of whom regularly call upon Chad to oversee projects throughout the Southeast and even further afield. Chad personally has managed the closing of hundreds of commercial real estate loan transactions for his clients, and his team-based approach ensures prompt attention to client needs and borrower deadlines.
He is also a member of the firm’s Timberland Resources Industry Group and assists with the negotiation of large acreage timberland sales and acquisitions.
Chad has been recognized by Best Lawyers in America for Commercial Finance Law and Real Estate Law since 2017.
Honors and Awards
- Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America© in the fields of Commercial Finance Law, Real Estate Law, 2018
- AV Preeminent, Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rated for Ethical Standards and Legal Ability
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Represented lender in $45,000,000 construction loan financing of a 385,000 square foot premier retail shopping center located in Fayetteville, North Carolina.
- Represented lender in $37,000,000 renovation loan financing of a nineteen-story downtown Greensboro, North Carolina office building.
- Represented lender in credit facility totaling $74,670,489 secured by forty-five commercial retail, restaurant and medical office buildings in nine southeastern states.
- Represented lender in $24,950,000 construction loan financing of a six-story office building in Charlotte, North Carolina.
- Represented lender in $55,000,000 construction loan financing signature 300-unit multifamily housing and retail building in downtown Raleigh, North Carolina with mezzanine lender.