Caitlin counsels middle-market private and public companies and investors in a broad range of corporate and transactional matters, including corporate transactions and restructurings, securities offerings, debt and equity financings, corporate governance and general corporate matters. She has worked with clients in numerous industries, including life sciences, technology, financial services, manufacturing, and automotive services.
Caitlin represents both buyers and sellers in connection with domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, corporate reorganizations and venture capital and private equity investments. She also serves as general outside counsel to her clients in day-to-day corporate matters, commercial transactions and technology licenses.
Board of Directors, Women in the Enterprise of Science and Technology (WEST)
Honors and Awards
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America’s Ones to Watch (BL Rankings), Corporate Law, 2021
- Strategies for Uncertain Times: Management and Legal Perspectives for the Specialty Chemical Industry, Society of Chemical Manufacturers and Affiliates (SOCMA) Webinar, December 8, 2020
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Represented an aesthetic products manufacturer in connection with a strategic transaction with a state-owned Chinese pharmaceutical distributor, involving a $10 million equity investment and an exclusive distribution agreement in China.
- Represented a NASDAQ listed life sciences company in connection with a private placement of convertible preferred stock.
- Represented a publicly held medical device company in connection with an investment in and option to acquire a privately held medical device company through a warrant and stock redemption structure.
- Represented Tropicana Entertainment, Inc., a then publicly held company in the casino gaming industry, in connection with a combined $104.1 million modified Dutch auction tender offer with Icahn Enterprises Holdings.
- Represented a French pharmaceutical company in a $180 million sale of patent assets and licensing agreements to a U.S. healthcare private equity fund.
- Represented a hedge fund client in connection with the formation of joint venture with a publicly held pharmaceutical company and a $90 million acquisition of pharmaceutical assets.
- Represented a financial services company in connection with a restructuring and subsequent private equity investment valued at $50 million.
- Represented a financial services company in connection with acquisitions of portfolio assets, with transaction values of up to $36 million.
- Advised a privately held medical device company on a recapitalization transaction and subsequent preferred stock equity financing.
- Advised a private company manufacturer of wound care products in connection with the sale of the company to a public company strategic buyer.
- Represented numerous emerging growth companies in venture and private equity financings and investments, commercial contract negotiations and licensing matters.