March is Women’s History Month, and Womble Bond Dickinson commemorated the month with events in multiple offices. The Women’s History Month activities were coordinated by the Women of Womble Bond Dickinson (WOW) initiative, which is led by attorney Cathy Hinger.
These activities included:
- A firm-wide presentation by District of Columbia Superior Court Judge Carol Ann Dalton. Judge Dalton discussed issues facing women in the judiciary, drawing on her decades of experience as an attorney and judge. She currently serves as Presiding Judge of Family Court in D.C.
- Sponsoring and participating in the Junior Achievement Leading Ladies “Lead Where You Are” program in Baltimore. JA Leading Ladies connects businesswomen and outstanding female high school students in the Baltimore area to celebrate successes, develop talents, capture new opportunities and inspire the next generation of women leaders.
- A “Wine with Women” networking event at Vivace restaurant in Charlotte, N.C. Nearly 50 women business leaders and 14 Womble Bond Dickinson attorneys and professionals attended. Three other “Wine with Women” events are scheduled in Charlotte later this year.
But Womble Bond Dickinson’s commitment to women doesn’t end with Women’s History Month. Future events include:
- Presenting an April 6 networking Happy Hour at Cosima’s, a Baltimore restaurant owned and operated by women.
- Sponsoring the DelawareBio Inspiring Women in STEM Conference in Wilmington, Del. Womble Bond Dickinson attorney Dana Severance is on the planning committee.
- Sponsoring the Women Spanning the Globe Leadership Conference at the American Visionary Art Museum in Baltimore.
- Sponsoring a women’s spa day with the Association of Corporate Counsel’s Charlotte Chapter on June 7.
Click here to read more about the Women of Womble Bond Dickinson (WOW) initiative.