At Womble Bond Dickinson, gender diversity is a cultural priority.
WOW is a network of women lawyers dedicated to supporting the professional success of one another through intentional acts of mentorship, collaboration, and sharing of opportunities.
Women in law firms face unique challenges that deserve meaningful solutions. Womble Bond Dickinson established WOW to focus on promotion, retention, influence, and success of our women lawyers. The firm’s support for WOW empowers its women lawyers to stand together as they journey through their careers, tackle obstacles and celebrate achievements.
We are women attorneys, from junior associates to senior leadership, collaborating on initiatives aimed at helping women lawyers excel in their careers. Our activities include:
- Hosting WOW business development events - creating opportunities for women lawyers to build relationships with clients and members of the business community.
- Organizing internal WOW events and projects - providing opportunities for women lawyers to build internal networks, connect with mentors and cultivate sponsors.
- Offering career development programs - helping women enhance their professional development.
- Working with firm leadership – teaming up on issues of importance to the retention, advancement and recruitment of talented women lawyers.
- Collaborating with clients on gender diversity and inclusion goals.
- Womble Bond Dickinson was named a 2017 and 2018 Women in Law Empowerment Forum (WILEF) Gold Standard Firm. In order to earn this honor, firms must “meet objective criteria concerning the number of women among equity partners, in firm leadership positions, and in the ranks of their most highly compensated partners.”
- Led by Chair/CEO Betty Temple.
- 33% of Womble Bond Dickinson’s primary governance committee and equity partner compensation committees are women.
- 27% of Womble Bond Dickinson (US) LLP’s practice group leaders/department heads are women.