This webinar took place on May 13, 2020.
To download the slides from this webinar, please click here. To read an article adapted from this presentation, please click here. Our team has also provided an FAQ Sheet covering the top questions we have received on this topic, available to view or download here. A replay of the webinar is below.
Description: This presentation focused on best practices for managing your workforce and employment law issues once the decision is made to reopen your business.
Topics covered included:
- What if employees are reluctant or refuse to return to work?
- What questions can we ask employees about their health status?
- What wage and hour issues are created with returning employees to work?
- What do I do if an employee tests positive for COVID-19 and what should I tell other employees?
- What will the workplace look like in May 2021?
- Mark Henriques (Moderator), Partner, Womble Bond Dickinson
- Beth Tyner Jones, Partner, Womble Bond Dickinson
- Richard Rainey, Partner, Womble Bond Dickinson
Click here to download the Womble Bond Dickinson Return to Work Resource Guide, which offers practical advice on trends, challenges, and best practices, based on four recent webinars featuring our attorneys and outside professionals.
In case you missed it, previous installments in our Return to Work Webinar Series can be accessed by clicking the links below:
- Part I: General Liability Considerations
- Part II: Environmental Safety Considerations
- Business Interruption Coverage, OSHA Issues & Workers’ Compensation Issues in the COVID-19 Era
To help navigate the COVID crisis, we are sharing actionable content on our COVID-19 Resource Hub: Navigating the Legal Challenges of COVID-19. This is the best place to find fresh perspectives and insights from Womble Bond Dickinson (US) attorneys on a real time basis.
For information on state-level business closure and reopening orders, please click here.