Richard solves employment law problems. The unfortunate reality is that clients with employees will inevitably have employment law issues. When that day comes, clients count on Richard to provide a timely and cost efficient solution. Sometimes that solution may be in the form of providing sage counsel to his clients to prevent or minimize a problem. Other times, it may be advocating for his client in court or before an administrative agency. Whatever form the solution may need to take, Richard’s experience and capabilities put his clients in a position to succeed.
Richard enjoys working with a wide range of clients, including large manufacturers, healthcare providers, local governments, educational institutions and technology companies. He advises these clients on hiring, firing, layoffs, employee discipline, employee defections, FMLA compliance, wage and hour classifications and other employment issues in order to avoid claims of discrimination, harassment, retaliation, unpaid overtime, whistleblowing and unsafe working environments. In addition, he helps his clients with employee training, handbooks, affirmative action plans, OFCCP compliance, and workplace investigations and audits. Richard’s clients also turn to him for the crafting of employment agreements, non-competes and other restrictive covenants, confidentiality agreements, commission agreements and plans, and separation agreements.
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Serves as a trusted adviser to numerous clients to provide practical real-world navigation around legal pitfalls.
- Obtained a no-liability jury verdict as lead counsel representing electronics manufacturer in race discrimination case brought by demoted employee in federal district court.
- Represented home manufacturer in pattern and practice case brought by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of electric utility company in case involving claims of age discrimination and interference with Family and Medical Leave Act rights.
- Obtained administrative law judge decisions in favor of client in high-stakes OSHA citations and has successfully resolved numerous OSHA matters involving workplace fatalities and serious injuries.