Mark understands the needs of today’s in-house counsel and regularly discusses them on his podcast, BullDog Bites, Quick Tips for Busy GC’s. Mark quickly focuses on key issues and objectives and then works with clients to develop a comprehensive strategy to win the case. Through his organized, engaging presentation, he explains even the most complex or technical factual patterns to mediators, arbitrators, judges or juries. Mark helps his clients solve the “better, faster, cheaper” challenge through innovative approaches to dispute resolution and fee arrangments.
Mark has successfully litigated cases involving construction, real estate, fraud, unfair trade practices, class actions, non-compete, non-solicit and non-disclosure agreements, and breach of contract. Mark has served as first chair in more than nine jury trials, five of which lasted a week or longer. He has successfully argued cases before the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals and the North Carolina Supreme Court.
A member of the Sedona Conference (WG1-E-Discovery, WG6-International EIectronic Information Management, & WG11-Data Security and Privacy Liablity), the Association of Certified E-Discovery Specialists (ACEDS) and the firm’s BullDox: Documents & E-Discovery Review Team, Henriques understands the complex legal and cost issues arising in e-discovery, litigation holds and ESI collection, processing, review and production. Mark’s combination of trial and e-discovery experience make him a frequent choice to serve as local counsel to clients around the world.
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Obtained TRO, preliminary injunction and jury verdict for Mid-America Apartments, Inc., one of the largest multi-family developers in the country.
- Won jury verdict and attorneys’ fees for Zillow, NexTag, and Adchemy after month-long trial as local counsel in one of the largest patent cases ever tried in North Carolina.
- Won arbitration award for the world’s largest gelatin manufacturer in a multimilliondollar dispute over construction of manufacturing facility.
- Helped UK company Beardow Adams defend more than 20 lien claims when general contractor of US facility became insolvent and failed to pay subcontractors. In six months, all claims were successfully negotiated and no litigation was filed.
- Represent Pepsico, Inc. in a multimillion-dollar dispute with a canning cooperative concerning shareholder rights.